St. Anthony of Padua School
St. Anthony of Padua School opened its doors in 1954 to provide quality education for the children of Akron’s North Hill area. For over 60 years, the dedicated faculty and staff of St. Anthony of Padua School has been committed to teaching and bringing the Gospel of Jesus Christ to its students.
Respecting the dignity of the individual and sensitive to the needs of a diverse population, Saint Anthony of Padua School, a community grounded in the Catholic faith, seeks to inspire its students to live the Gospel of Jesus Christ and reach their fullest potential spiritually, academically, and socially.
* 2019-2020 enrollment: 168 in grades K-8
* Fully accredited by the Ohio Catholic School Accrediting Association
* Full-day Kindergarten
* Student-to-teacher ratio of 18:1
* K-8 state required classes and religion, music, art, and physical education
* Accelerated Reader Program
* Supplemental math program
* Daily prayers and weekly Mass
* After school tutoring
* Classroom equipped with Smartboards for interactive learning
* iPads, Chromebooks and printers available for students
* Computer classes with a computer teacher
* After School Care program
* Hot lunch program five days a week
* Speech and remedial tutoring services
* All employees and volunteers who have contact with students undergo thorough screening, including background checks through the Ohio Bureau of Criminal Investigation & Identification (BCI&I). For complete information on screening policies, see the revised Policy for the Safety of Children in Matters of Sexual Abuse, section 1.2 (p.3).